Basic Doctrines and Beliefs
Life Foursquare Church is a member of the International Church of the Foursquare Gospel. We are an interdenominational fellowship that is fundamental and unapologetic in our presentation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. In a day when diluted messages are producing deluded people, we stress a straightforward proclamation of the Word of God, emphasizing what we consider to be the foundational truths of Jesus Christ for those who believe.
Jesus Christ — the Savior
Jesus Christ — the Baptizer with the Holy Spirit
Jesus Christ — the Healer
Jesus Christ — the Soon-Coming King
As a New Testament church, we emphasize:
- the Bible as the foundation for Christian living. Whenever and wherever the Word of God is neglected or ignored, error and imbalance are close behind.
- Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, acknowledging Him as the Source of our salvation and the Resource for power-filled living!
- the presence and ministry of the Holy Spirit, who comes to glorify and magnify Jesus, lifting Him up so that all men will be drawn into the Kingdom. We believe it is His indwelling presence in our lives that brings us into fulfillment and fruitfulness.
- interdenominational fellowship with all members of the Christian faith. We recognize that those who belong to Jesus are all members of the same Body of Christ, though we may go by different names and points of emphasis.
- the ministry and authority of the believer. We have been called and equipped to extend the perimeters of the Kingdom of God by living power-filled lives.
As a Bible-believing church, we stand on these foundational truths:
• Repentance and Forgiveness
All men need forgiveness for sin. The Bible tells us that we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23). Jesus told us to “Repent, for the Kingdom of heaven is at hand” (Matthew 4:17). We believe that all men enter the kingdom of God only through a born-again experience, accepting Jesus Christ as Savior (John 3:3-5, Romans 10:9-11).
• Water Baptism
After declaring Him Lord of your life, Jesus commands that we follow Him in water baptism: a public declaration of our commitment to a new way of life, a farewell to an old way of thinking, and a signpost of a life-changing decision (Matthew 28:19-20, Romans 6:3-8).
• Baptism in the Holy Spirit
When Jesus left, He promised to send us another Comforter Who would live in us, lead us, guide us into truth, and empower us for service (Matthew 3:11, Luke 11:9-13). He promised that we would receive power and be His witnesses when we are baptized in the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:4-5, 7-8, 2:38-39). See the Bible Topics on the Holy Spirit for additional Bible verses about the Baptism in the Holy Spirit.
• Healing and Deliverance
We believe in divine healing as the power of Jesus to heal the sick and the afflicted in answer to believing prayer (Matthew 8:16-17, James 5:16, Acts 3:16).
In essentials, unity;
in non-essentials, liberty;
in all things, love!